In any given week one in six adults will experience some kind of mental health event. Most of us will encounter someone having such an event, either at work or in our personal life. Would you know how to help?
Research proves that early intervention provides the best chance of recovery. Someone that asks, listens, who can support and sign-post help when needed.
This Mental Health First Aid course will provide you with a core framework to help and support those around you. Delegates who successfully complete the course will become qualified Mental Health First Aiders certified by Mental Health First Aid England
On this two-day course, you will obtain:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support
- The knowledge to help break the stigma of mental health