What you will learn
- The importance of strategic safety management and its integration into other business management systems
- The ability to identify accident causes and plan for prevention through risk assessment and control strategies.
- The consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively.
- An understanding of the importance of consultation and communication with employees on health and safety issues.
- The importance of performance monitoring for continual improvement of health and safety management.
The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors training course reflects the principles embodied in The HSE’s guidance, ‘Successful Health and Safety Management’ (HSG65) and The Turnbull report (‘Internal controls: Guidance for Directors on the Combined Code’).
IOSH approved, this training course is designed to provide senior executives and directors with the information they need to lead the integration of health and safety in their strategic business planning, systems and performance.
Assessment: Delegates must complete a multiple choice test.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive an IOSH certificate.