What you will learn
This qualification is made up of 17 units:
- 402 - Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- 510 - Promote a positive health and safety culture
- 511 - Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- 512 - Control health and safety risks
- 513 - Develop, implement and review proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- 514 - Develop, implement and review reactive monitoring
- 515 - Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- 516 - Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- 517 - Develop and implement a health and safety audit
- 518 - Behavioural safety in the workplace
- 519 - Influence improvements in health and safety practice
- 520 - Develop, implement and review the organisations health and safety strategy
- 521 - Contribute to health and safety legal actions
- 522 - Manage contractors to ensure compliance with health and safety
- 523 - Develop and implement the health and safety induction process
- 610 - Develop and implement the health and safety policy
- 611 - Professional development and ethics in health and safety management
This qualification is for learners who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in managing health and safety for the workplace. They will have an autonomous role in their organisation for managing health and safety policy and practice. They will report direct to or be part of the senior management team. The will recommend and implement changes relevant to their role. They will be aware of cost implications and budgetary control.
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification however, candidates must have the potential and correct job role to gain the qualification successfully.
Candidates must have a completed portfolio of evidence covering the assessment criteria for each mandatory unit. Candidates must also have successfully completed an assignment for the elective unit Professional Development and Ethics in Health and Safety Management for candidates wishing to gain IOSH Graduate membership.