This is a half day course designed to give delegates the knowledge required to implement a safe system of work for confined spaces. They would learn to understand the components of a Confined Spaces Risk Assessment and how to manage the needs of people entering confined spaces where specific equipment is required for working safely.
This training course can be delivered at your premises. The cost is £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
THSP’s Confined Space Awareness course is eligible for inclusion in our Destination Safety programme and can be combined with two complementary courses over one day for just £995+VAT for 10 people.
What you will learn
By the end of the course delegates will have an understanding of:
- Relevant legislation
- Types of confined space and related hazards
- Control Measures
- Monitor Equipment
- Rescue Equipment
- Typical tools Used (intrinsically safe)
- Permits to work
- Emergency response and principles of combustion
- PPE requirements
- Reducing the danger involved in working in Confined Spaces
Location: This course can be delivered at your premises
Equipment/facilities you must provide:
- A training room to comfortably accommodate all the delegates with 240V power supply for the theory component of the course
Assessment: Delegates must complete a theory test paper.
Certification: A certificate will be issued on successful completion of this course.