This training can be delivered at your premises, the cost is £795+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
What you will learn
- The ability to state when a mast fit test is required
- Understand and have a working knowledge of the HSE282/28 guidance
- How to assemble the qualitative fit test kit correctly and carry out pre testing inspections and tests
- How to identify the types of mask in use and confirm that the qualitative method is suitable
- Briefing the subject on the reasons for testing and factors which can affect the fit of the mask
- Instructing the candidate to fit the mast using the correct technique and carry out an appropriate fit check
- Conducting the fit test correctly and in accordance with the HSE282/28 guidance document, including suitable exercises
- How to complete the necessary records and brief the subject appropriately on completion of the test
- Understanding and describe the limitations of the Qualitative fit test method and be aware of the alternatives.
This training will benefit anyone with a responsibility for conducting face mask fit testing of persons wearing half mask types including filtering face piece (FFP) respirators.
The training will be led by a suitably qualified and experienced person, accredited to the Fit2Fit Test scheme, possibly even an assessor/examiner of that scheme. The training will take place in a classroom environment using a selection of face mask types and the qualitative fit test equipment. It will comprise both theoretical and practical work.
Assessment Delegates must pass a practical face fit assessment and multiple choice written assessment
Certification On completion of successful assessment, the candidate will receive a certificate of competence (not a Fit2Fit certificate), together with details of actions recommended (if any) before undertaking the Fit2Fit assessment.
This session does not include the assessment required to obtain Fit2Fit accredited status, although an assessment of competency