This Oxy/Gas Cutting course will provide delegates with the skills and knowledge needed to achieve the standard of competence required to carry out the process of cutting materials safely.
THSP’s Oxy/Gas Cutting training is essential for any operative who uses Oxy/Gas Cutting Equipment, together with any Supervisors/Managers who oversee this operation. This half day training can be delivered at your premises/site for £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
This Oxy/Gas Cutting course is eligible for inclusion in our Destination Safety programme and can be combined with two complementary courses over one day for just £995+VAT for 10 people.
What you will learn:
- Identifying cylinders and their contents
- Understanding the need for safe handling and storage of cylinders
- How to identify and use ancillary equipment such as hoses, regulators and blowpipes
- How to identify operational faults and the immediate action to be taken
- Understanding general precautions and permits to work systems relating to hot works
Equipment/facilities you must provide:
- All equipment for the practical element of the course
- A training room to comfortably accommodate all the delegates with 240V power supply
- A suitable area to undertake the practical assessment
ALL DELEGATES MUST HAVE THE CORRECT PPE IN ORDER TO ATTEND THIS COURSE (i.e.: DUST MASKS AND IMPACT RESISTANT EYE PROTECTION TOGETHER WITH HEARING PROTECTION.
Assessment:Delegates are required to complete a practical and theory assessment
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a THSP certificate valid for five years.