What you will learn
- How to identify and inspect tubes, boards, ladders, gin wheels, ropes and fittings correctly
- The knowledge to state the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, The Working at Height Regulations 2005 & recognised industry guidance
- The ability to identify the construction requirements common to all scaffolds to include: foundations scaffold framework platforms, handrails and toe-boards ladder access
- How to carry out inspections and fault identification on access scaffolds
- The ability to complete and maintain reports in accordance with current statutory provision
This training is intended for site managers and supervisors who are responsible for ensuring that scaffolding is correctly erect, used, maintained and inspected.
In order to attend this course CISRS will require delegates to have awareness and experience of scaffolding structures.
Those meeting one of the following criteria will be accepted onto the course:
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolder, Advanced or Supervisor Card
- Delegate holds a current or expired CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course in order to renew their card
Individuals not holding an eligible CISRS card detailed above wishing to attend the course will be required to submit a CV and or/certificates, together with a letter from an employer confirming their awareness and experience of scaffolding structures gained via their role within industry and confirmation that the delegate has had a minimum of 2 years of experience in this role.
Examples of acceptable roles are:
- Scaffold Designer
- Contracts Manager
- Site Agent/Manager
- H&S Manager
- HSE Inspector
- Scaffolding Inspector who has previously attended a non CISRS Scaffold Inspection/Awareness course at least 2 years before the start of the CISRS Basic SITS course.
Scaffolding Inspector who has previously attended a non CISRS Scaffold Inspection/Awareness course at least 2 years before the start of the CISRS Basic SITS course.
Assessment: Delegates must complete theory and practical test.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a CISRS certificate. To apply for their CISRS card delegates must have also sat the CITB HS&E Touchscreen test within the last 2 years.