This full day course contains both theory and practical sessions and is aimed at anyone who erects and works from, or who controls the use of, prefabricated mobile scaffold towers in the workplace.
It can be conducted at your premises for a minimum of 4 and maximum of 12 delegates for £125+VAT per person.
What you will learn
- The ability to identify tower components accurately and state their function correctly
- How to conduct an inspection of the tower prior to erection and post erection to ensure it is safe to use
- How to assemble, alter and dismantle towers in the correct sequence in line with manufacturer’s instructions, incorporating current best practice for fall protection in accordance with the product standards guide BS EN1004:2004
- Inspection of completed mobile access towers and completion of tower inspection records
- Understanding what affects the stability of towers during use
- Hazards affecting the use of mobile towers and how to avoid or control them effectively
- Legislative regulations and guidance affecting working at height with mobile access towers
- PASMA Code of Practice
Assessment: Delegates must complete a closed book theory and practical test with an 80% pass in both parts
Personal Protective Equipment: Suitable head / footwear / eye/ glove protection is required during the practical session. Hard hats with chin strap preferable.
Venue Requirements: A suitable classroom to accommodate up to 12 delegates and both an indoor/outdoor practical area with a minimum free height of six metres.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a PASMA Certificate and ID card valid for five years.