This Safe Use of Abrasive Wheels training course offers practical advice on how to reduce abrasive wheel accidents and is designed to encourage workers to adopt a culture to improve overall safety within the workplace.
THSP’s Safe Use of Abrasive Wheels training is essential for anyone who changes and uses abrasive wheels, including supervisors/managers overseeing this operation. It gives delegates the skills and knowledge to safely work with hand held cutting/grinding discs. This half day training can be delivered at your premises for £495+VAT for up to 10 delegates.
This course can be for Handheld, Benchmounted, Petrol or Clipper Saws.
All of the Abrasive Wheels courses are eligible for inclusion in our Destination Safety programme and can be combined with two complementary courses over one day for just £995+VAT for 10 people.
What you will learn:
- Safe fitting and maintenance of abrasive wheels and associated machinery
- The selection of correct Personal Protective Equipment
- An understanding of the need for safe handling in the use and storage of abrasive wheels
Equipment/facilities you must provide:
- Machines and a selection of the discs/wheels that are used
- A training room to comfortably accommodate all the delegates with 240V power supply for the theory component of the course
Assessment: Delegates must complete a multiple-choice test and practical assessment.
Certification: A certificate will be issued on successful completion of this course.