What you will learn
- An update of health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects you in your role as a manager
- New guidance and industry best practice
- Your duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
Location: Bedfordshire, London, Essex, Kent, Midlands, Hertfordshire and more
This course can also be delivered at your premises
This SMSTS accredited certificate provides delegates with an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare, current health and safety legislation. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
This industry-recognised course is ideal for individuals or companies who need to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site.
Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
Duration: Two days – delegates are required to attend for the full duration of both days.
Assessment: Assessment will be by multiple choice questions and completion of core exercises and a case study.
Certification: On successful completion of this course each delegate will receive a CITB certificate valid for 5 years.
o Aims and objectives
o Regulations up-date and overview
- Fire prevention and control
- Topics from the floor
- Risk Assessment
- Syndicate exercise
- Exercise presentations and feedback
- Day on review
- End of day one
o Review day one
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Accident reporting, investigation, prevention and control
- Open forum
- Management of health on site
- Behaviour-based safety
- Drugs and alcohol misuse
- Group Exercise
- Results and feedback
- Course review
- End of course